The Miami Herald reported earlier this year that the population in the South Florida area surpassed 6 million people (this includes Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). Florida is the third fastest growing state only after California and Texas, with approximately 700 people moving to the state every day.
What makes Miami Special?
More than ever people from all over the world are moving to South Florida seeking job opportunities, better quality of life and a safe community. Here are some facts and projects that are raising the profile of the city:
- No City or State income tax
- Miami is the second most important financial hub in the US (after NYC)
- Miami Airport is second only to New York's JFK in terms of international passenger volume; Emirates, Qatar and Turkish Airlines have helped connect the city to the middle East and Asia
- All Aboard rail system that will connect Miami with Orlando (currently under construction)
- Expansion of the Port of Miami
- It's a gateway to Latin America and Europe
Miami has always been an attractive destination for foreign buyers, but now more than ever the city is an exciting investment option for people around the world due to its unparalleled quality of life and its affordability compared to other global cities.
Miami in the news
#6 Most Important Global City
“Ranked after London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai as a city that matters to ultra high-net-worth individuals”
— Knight Frank Wealth Report, 2015
#6 Best Beaches in the USA
“Miami Beach caters to both the party-hungry and the relaxation-seeking beachgoer”
— US News World Report
Cleanest Air in the USA
“Best air quality than most major cities in the US.”
— Reader's Digest, 2013
Get your copy of the Miami Report
Exclusively produced and published by ISG World, the Miami Report is a comprehensive report on everything a smart investor needs to know about Miami. It includes the factors that are driving the growth in the city, the reasons why it's an international destination and an in-depth analysis on new construction inventory and demand.
Miami Sights & Neighborhoods
It's never too early to start your home search.
Access our listings database to find your dream home today.